Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Fresh Start


I have always loved writing. To me, having a blog was just for leisure, a way to breathe out all the stress in this world. I wrote a lot, posted a few and now I'm thinking, having been blessed with a great home-based job now, I know I would have more time for this past time of mine.

Everything that's happening to me now is a fresh start. Family, marriage, spirituality and work. I am very grateful that I have stumbled upon a job that has it all - great pay, perfect schedule and best of all, I never have to leave the house. Are these good enough reasons to ditch my once day job? Hell yeah!

Imagine not needing to put on make-up early in the morning and dress up in formal clothing with high heels everyday. Then I don't have to stay in the office late for unpaid overtime and worry about the pressure of sales for all departments even as you sleep. No more office politics to juggle with having too many bosses with different attitudes and company objectives in mind, everything now is virtual and very professional. To top it all, I don't need to be away for out-of-town trips and bear with Management Committee meetings for hours (this one time, our Business Plan meeting went on for 15hours straight). I could be just right here, in our home, the place where I should be when the kids go to school and when they come home after a day's class, I would be here to cook dinner for them. And while I do all that, I don't have to worry about my brain being stuck up (that's what we all women say when we argue why we choose to work instead of being a plain housewife, that we don't want our brains to lose its edge). This job gives me all the challenges I need to keep my mind going. I'd have time on Saturdays to do house chores, check on my kids' assignments and do more stuff and even enough time to go to church every Sunday.

A fresh start. A new chapter. This means new entries too for this blog. All those political views, stream of prose and nonsense thoughts buckled up in my head will now find their way to be posted. So today, I pondered. Cheers.


No comments: